Sunday, January 06, 2008

Smoking gun

One of my amplifiers has blown up... Sob.

Quite possibly the best audio power amplifier in the world one minute, a 50V DC power supply the next... Thank the gods I have electrostatic speakers with DC blocking capacitors inside 'em or Jan would have found herself in the front garden beating off one of the cones.

Gah. I blame Bielzibabe - if it wasn't for him poking his fingers into everything I would have to put the amplifiers into a cupboard, and they wouldn't overheat.

Teach me to wind the bias current up for winter, I suppose...

1 comment:

  1. And [phew] now fixed :)

    Strange failure, two SM 0R1 2W resistors gone open circuit, for no readily apparent reason - they don't even look fried.

    Mechanical fatige? Bielzibabe poking at it? Who knows...

    ReplyDelete